As the name would imply, “Family Night Life” (FNL) is all about families: Kids, teens, moms, dads, grandmas & grandpas, aunts & uncles! Our focus is on providing an excellent ministry experience for kids and teens, involving their families in the process. Although we start by serving those students already within our church and within our sister church (American Karen Baptist Church, or AKBC), this is also very decidedly an outwardly-focused mission, designed to reach out to the kids, teens, and families in Midtown Omaha and beyond as well
Through FNL, we are making the bold statement that families, including children and teenagers, constitute one of the most vital mission and outreach areas to which God is calling our church. Moreover, the name and the Deuteronomy 6:4-7 theme scripture tie in to the line of the FBCO mission statement which reads, “to live out the Gospel in everyday life.” FNL will consist of the following three key ministry programs, targeting the age groups listed.
- Children’s Program: F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely on God)
- Age-Divided Classes:
- Lilly Pads (Nursery Age)
- Tadpoles (Pre-K)
- Wood Frogs (1st-2nd grade)
- Tree Frogs (3rd-4th grade)
- Goliath Frogs (5th-6th grade)
- Age-Divided Classes:
- Youth Program: Coalesce (7th-12th grade)
- Musicians’ Practice (Adults)
- Alternating – Bell Choir / Orchestra
- Alternating – Choir / Worship Team
- Parents and other adults are invited to join in mission to provide an enhanced ministry experience to their children and teens. In this way, parents will be given the opportunity to become part of a very biblical “learning community” wherein one generation passes on the legacy of faith to the next (based on Deuteronomy 6:4-7).
Family Night Life Mission Statement
To lead kids, teens, and their families to the person of Jesus Christ and help them to grow in relationship with him.
The FNL concept is deeply rooted in key scriptures emphasizing the importance of raising up a new generation in faith and helping them grow in faith and spiritual maturity as functioning members of the Body of Christ. These scriptures will inform a special sermon emphasis to be shared before the introduction of the new program to the congregation. To learn more, join us in church for a special sermon by Pastor Matt on Sunday, September 6th. The scriptural foundations for FNL overall, along with both F.R.O.G. and Coalesce are as follows:
- Family Night Life (Dt. 6)
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
5 Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
6 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts.
7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. (Deuteronomy 6:4-7 NIV)
- F.R.O.G. Children’s Ministry (Psalm 59:9-10)
“…you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely…” (Psalm 59:9b-10a TNIV)
- Coalesce (Eph. 4:16)
- Ephesians 4:16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work. (Eph 4:16 NIV)
6:15pm – Family Dinner
6:30pm – Bell Choir Rehearsal
6:45pm – Kids and Youth Activities
7:45pm – Adult Choir Rehearsal